• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good cheap restaurants in DFW?

freek007

Hey there fellow eGulleteers!

I will be traveling to the DFW area this weekend and was wondering...

Where should I eat for lunch on Sunday? I have been to the area before, but everything is so tightly packed, I cant seem to scan the options quick enough, so I need some inside info on where the good places are.

Cuisine is of little importance, I like most food (the more exotic or abnormal the better, though. I love trying new foods).

I need it to be relatively cheap ($10-20 per person), and would like something I cant get anywhere else, wether because of a local specialty or house drink or just the experience of eating there.

I am from Austin, so really good Tex-Mex or actual mexican is pretty easy to come by and any restaurants of that genre would have to be spectacular or have a very unique gimmick.

Thanks in advance for all your input!! :cool:

Hey there fellow eGulleteers!

I will be traveling to the DFW area this weekend and was wondering...

Where should I eat for lunch on Sunday?  I have been to the area before, but everything is so tightly packed, I cant seem to scan the options quick enough, so I need some inside info on where the good places are.

Cuisine is of little importance, I like most food (the more exotic or abnormal the better, though.  I love trying new foods).

I need it to be relatively cheap ($10-20 per person), and would like something I cant get anywhere else, wether because of a local specialty or house drink or just the experience of eating there.

I am from Austin, so really good Tex-Mex or actual mexican is pretty easy to come by and any restaurants of that genre would have to be spectacular or have a very unique gimmick.

Thanks in advance for all your input!!  :cool:

what part of town will you be in while you are here? That will help narrow down the list of possibilities.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Since it is Sunday lunch, are you looking for more of a Brunch experience or just a good lunch menu?

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!