• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wood Cutting Boards: The Topic

gweixel

19 hours ago, AlaMoi said:

fyi, Dave Smith, founder of The Boardsmith, passed away in April 2020.

Prior to his death he turned over the business to long time associate John Loftis.  the manufacturing/etc is currently located in Plano, Texas.

I got a 16x22 Walnut with Maple field in 2017.

it is used every single day, multiple times per day - it resides on a granite island top so it is the defacto counter top for cutting/prep of 'everything'

just ordered a 16x22 Walnut with Cherry field (house warming gift) for our youngest.

Boardsmith produces absolutely top quality products. 

Sad to hear about this also. When I wrote to them about new feet for my Boardsmith board I thought it was his son who replied, but I might be mistaken.

I just wrote again to see if they'd do a top for a 32x50 island. I'm sure just the shipping from texas would blow my budget, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Notes from the underbelly