• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bosch 24" Dishwasher: yes/no?

Vinotas

Hi,

Our Bosch is a wonderful dishwasher. It does almost run too quietly. The lack of a drying cycle is an advantage, plastic in the bottom. It is insulated so well, that everything comes out dry, with the exception of some plastics.

These dishwashers used to top the Consumer Reports ratings but they are not as reliable as some of the domestic makes.

Tim

My mother just got one last week, not sure what model but she has been quite happy, its easily 5x quieter that what it replaced. My sister and brother in law have one also. His father sells appliances and has 2 one inside and one in the garage. So I think that is the right decision.

If you can find a Bosch 24-inch model, please email me and tell me where! I found myself with a dead 24 -inch Bosch (she'd put in many, many years of service...was here when we moved in), and no available 24-inch models, save for an Italian manufacturer named Ariston, which we bought when desperate. What a huge mistake. It's been a lemon since Day One. I'll happily elaborate for anyone who is interested in buying an Ariston, as even my dealings with customer service were dodgy.

Good luck!

If you can find a Bosch 24-inch model, please email me and tell me where! I found myself with  a dead 24 -inch Bosch (she'd put in many, many years of service...was here when we moved in), and no available 24-inch models, save for an Italian manufacturer named Ariston, which we bought when desperate. What a huge mistake. It's been a lemon since Day One. I'll happily elaborate for anyone who is interested in buying an Ariston, as even my dealings with customer service were dodgy.

Good luck!

There are 24-inch, and even 18-inch models on the Bosch website: Look Here!

Their customer service line is very responsive; call them to find a dealer near you.