• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vitamin Water

LittleChef22

Any Vitamin Water drinkers out there? I used to be a pretty big fan, because I assumed it was good for you, but just realized it has 125 calories per bottle and 33 grams of sugar. I was a little surprised since they market it as a very healthy drink. My thinking is if I am going to drink something with lots of sugar in it, I will opt for a soft drink instead. Oh well...

I think they're a waste of money. I was given one once (Propel, maybe?), but I had to throw most of it out. I chose lemon-flavoured, because how could you go wrong with lemon? But apparently you can go very wrong...It was horrible! I kept the bottle, though. Makes a great water bottle for the gym.

I think you could do equally well by adding some lemon juice, or lemon, orange, and/or lime slices to your water. It would certainly taste better!

Some of them are sugar-free.  I was tempted to buy some until I thought, duh, I'll just have a vitamin and some free water.  No need to put more plastic bottles out there.

That's how I feel. Why not just take a vitamin and drink (free) tap water? I agree with you-- we don't need more wasted bottles.

Edited by LittleChef22 (log)