• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Classic cocktails in Montreal

Robin Meredith

I can't believe I'm going to say this but you could check out Wunderbar at the W Hotel. It's just such a scene that I'm not sure you'll even notice your drink.

BTW, dress up.

Less of a scene but still buzzing is a bar called Baldwin Barmacie at 115 Laurier Ave. W. It's also right next to some of the best restaurants in the city like Raza, Bazaar Anise and La Chronique.

• 1 month later...

What did you find on your trip up there Robin? I am heading up there in 2 weeks myself. Would be interested to know if you found anything I should check out.

John

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin