• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheese Curds

jende

I bought some cheese curds at Trader Joe's today, and having never had them before I'm not sure what to do with them. I ate a few straight up and they pretty much taste like a chunk of cheddar cheese.

I've heard of fried cheese curds, so I know that's a possibiltiy, but what else do people do with them?

I hate to disappoint you but those "cheese curds" are just chunks of cheddar cheese not actual cheese curds. I dopped by trader joel's today and got excited by the label since ive been dieing to make some fresh mozz but quickly realized that it was just a dumb marketing ploy

Edited by mexigaf (log)

My food and ideas CookDiegoCook

I hate to disappoint you but those "cheese curds" are just chunks of cheddar cheese not actual cheese curds.  I dopped by trader joel's today and got excited by the label since ive been dieing to make some fresh mozz but quickly realized that it was just a dumb marketing ploy

They sure tasted like plain ol' cheddar cheese. But what is a cheese curd, anyway?