• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Dean & DeLuca in OC

Swicks

The Daily Pilot is reporting that Dean & DeLuca will be opening a flagship store in a brand new to be built 85,000 square foot building at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, in 2009.

Link to the story:

http://www.dailypilot.com/articles/2007/09...pt-deluca19.txt

Holy crap, that is one huge store!

*Edited for clarity.

Edited by Swicks (log)

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

I'm getting just a little bit jealous ... :hmmm::hmmm:

Is Orange County CA becoming the new foodie frontier?? Is the rest of Southern Calif. going to start taking day trips to the OC??

I did visit D&D up in Napa Valley. That "small" location was very tempting. I was surprised I didn't buy anything there ... I can't imagine what the flagship store is going to look like ...

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

I'm getting just a little bit jealous ...  :hmmm:  :hmmm:

Is Orange County CA becoming the new foodie frontier?? Is the rest of Southern Calif. going to start taking day trips to the OC??

I did visit D&D up in Napa Valley. That "small" location was very tempting. I was surprised I didn't buy anything there ... I can't imagine what the flagship store is going to look like ...

I would not get your hopes too high, the one's outside manhattan are quite dissapointing frankly.

I would not get your hopes too high, the one's outside manhattan are quite dissapointing frankly.

Actually, DC's store isn't bad at all. And it's tiny.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I know, who would have thought eh? Though you and I well know restaurant wise, we are still way behind the curve...

As far as it being disappointing, I'm not sure how they could go wrong with that large of a store, but who knows....

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

Wow. Sweet news! I'm in love with the Napa Dean & Deluca. It's a definite stop for us whenever we're in the area. Just seeing 20 or more salts in bulk containers is enough to get me excited, not to mention gorgeous mushrooms, fresh truffles, a bounty of fine wine, and beautiful and rare teas. What a great score for OC.

R. Jason Coulston

jason@popcling.com

The D&D in Kansas City (OP or Lenexa or whatever) is always my last stop before heading home everytime I am there. That store is not all that big, but they have everything I need and want. I do not remember them having any wines, Kansas liquor laws are pretty weird. But the meats and cheeses, yes the salt selections, everything. Love it. And it isn't just off any freeway, you have to go there.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!