• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tinning an 80 qt bowl

Jon Dubrick

Was lucky to get my hands on a Hobart 80qt and the bowl could use a retinning.  Anybody have any leads for the chicago area?  I know Central Restaurant offers the services, but I wanted to stay local.  It would be a bear to mail.

Give Archer Tinning a call.

Here is a link to their website.

http://www.archertinning.com/

Was lucky to get my hands on a Hobart 80qt and the bowl could use a retinning.  Anybody have any leads for the chicago area?  I know Central Restaurant offers the services, but I wanted to stay local.  It would be a bear to mail.

Thanks Old Timer

You might try Baroque Silversmith. They used to be downtown--at which point they did a wonderful job on a huge old family heirloom pot--and I have recommended them more than once. They're somewhere on the north side, nearer suburbs (Skokie?). Good luck.

"La cuisine, c'est quand les choses ont le goût de ce qu'elles sont."

Curnonsky (Maurice Edmond Sailland)