• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Catalonia Pastry Chefs & Dulcypas Magazine

schneich

i found out about dulcypas a short time ago and subscribed it right away, after digging through dozens of back issues and printing about 600 pages of recipes or so, iam amazed of how advanced their technique and presentation is. when i say "them" i mean torreblanca, morato and their catalonian gang of pastry chefs, they have some cool techniques (inverse silicon molding etc,) and they use use quite a bit of molecular procedures and ingredients in their creations, needless to say that they do B E A U T I F U L stuff..

i have seen the top of the mountain

check it out

torsten s.

Edited by schneich (log)

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

torsten,

thanks for pointing out this resource. when you say you've been digging through back issues, did you mean the pdfs? my spanish isn't that great, is that the only language their offering? it seems that it is entirely on-line, is this correct? do you just register the one time for the 85 euros or whatever it costs and then you always have access?

sorry so many questions, but i'm interested in the "magazine" but it is a bit of money to spend without fully understanding the website.

thanks again,

alana

p.s. do you also have the "chocolate" book by morato? what do you think of it? comparable to torreblanca and balageur?

This is a comment from a friend who is not a member:

"In a nutshell the editing into english sucks *badly*. The spanish side has ingredients that are nowhere to be seen on the english side. There are typos and sentences that end roughly halfway through. For that kind of money I expected better quality. I emailed Ramon about it but he's ignoring me."

Edited by mrose (log)

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

I am very interested in finding out more about this magazine, but having a hard time accessing the website. Would you be kind enough to provide the complete web adress? Thanks!

i found out about dulcypas a short time ago and subscribed it right away, after digging through dozens of back issues and printing about 600 pages of recipes or so, iam amazed of how advanced their technique and presentation is. when i say "them" i mean torreblanca, morato and their catalonian gang of pastry chefs, they have some cool techniques (inverse silicon molding etc,) and they use use quite a bit of molecular procedures and ingredients in their creations, needless to say that they do B E A U T I F U L stuff.. 

i have seen the top of the mountain

check it out

torsten s.

Qui, the link is the entire and correct address. It is only in Spanish and you have to negotiate the site using the menu items across the top which are in red.

mrose, when you say that your friend has seen the English version, is that in print or on line? I'm interested and I don't really need to see anything in English, I mostly love pictures and can figure out most things without the translation. I know that most of the higher end books that I have which have English translations along with the original language suck (the translations, that is). You're right though, for that price (about $100USD for a 'subscription') I expect something decent!

hi,

sorry for taking so long to answer. yes once you pay the 85 euros you can access any of the old mags plus 12 new ones to come. this baby is entirely in spanish, i dont speak spanish at all, but as soon as you got some key words like manteca = butter or cobertura = chocolate its kind of easy, there are always online translations ;-) anyone who knows whats going on appreciates the work of those guys, i found dozens and dozens of cool ideas & recipes absolutely usable for my business.

cheers

t.

p.s. besides there is a demo issue online for free :-)

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

hmm... I have been trying to access the site using the link and also doing goggle, but everytime it says that the IE cannot display the page... hmmm... obviously none of you have any problems... what could it be?

• 2 years later...