• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hatfield's Restaurant

chuckyoufarley

My wife and I had a near perfect 7 course tasting menu at Hatfield's restaurant last Saturday.

The food was perfect the service was spot on with the wait staff extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine. It was refreshing to eat in a place where I did not feel the wait staff was navigating my inquiries clumsily in an effort to hide the fact they did not know what was in the dishes or wine pairings.

The restaurant is shoe box small but I didn't get the sense of being crowded in.

I would say that the food is on par with the very best L.A. has to offer.

Completely unpretentious.

I highly recommend eating there. Frankly am a bit curious as to why Hatfield's hasn't received more chatter.

Shaun

Edited by chuckyoufarley (log)

"You can take my foie gras when you can pry it from my cold dead hands"

Shaun Sedgwick

baxter@pinpointnow.net

i've eaten there a couple of times. once on an anonymous meal, once as part of a dinner party for daniel boulud's show. both times the food was very good. the latter obviously was a good bit better. i wouldn't put it up there with providence, but it is in the next tier. i'm not sure whether los angeles appreciates that kind of restaurant ambition, quite frankly. time will tell.

ETA: Can anyone tell me how those hyperlinks were inserted in my comments? I am making no endorsements for either product. This is just weird.

Edited by russ parsons (log)

My wife and I had a near perfect 7 course tasting menu at Hatfield's restaurant last Saturday.

The food was perfect the service was spot on with the wait staff extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine.  It was refreshing to eat in a place where I did not feel the wait staff was navigating my inquiries clumsily in an effort to hide the fact they did not know what was in the dishes or wine pairings.

The restaurant is shoe box small but I didn't get the sense of being crowded in.

I would say that the food is on par with the very best L.A. has to offer. 

Completely unpretentious.

I highly recommend eating there. Frankly am a bit curious as to why Hatfield's hasn't received more chatter.

Shaun

Click on this link for some earlier chatter about Hatfield's.

I'm glad you liked your tasting menu. Quinn & Karen have been doing wonderful things here since their move from SF. The gougeres are addictive ...

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...