• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

@AlaMoi Thank you so much! 

On reflection, I have a cousin who does some pretty fine woodworking, I might try to import him . . . I mean invite him and his wife and kid up for a [Working] Trip To The Big City.  

I actually do like things looking a bit aged/patina-ed; I just don't think that really works that well with this type of style (which you indicate as book-matched-veneer; plus all the edge texture, and the big ole' statement-legs . . .).  

On the chairs, we got rid of them way backalong, they had that old caning on the backs and were just a disaster.   But I hear you on the sideboard, which is displaying some extremely weird decay along its edges.

No one living from my family of origin approves of my chair replacement, but they do eat the food here.  And I think my mother might've been at least a little piqued (yes, therapy, I got it).

image.thumb.jpeg.c7f257f2d16701cb6aa0d6ee5e10d3bd.jpeg

SLB

SLB

@AlaMoi Thank you so much! 

On reflection, I have a cousin who does some pretty fine woodworking, I might try to import him . . . I mean invite him and his wife and kid up for a [Working] Trip To The Big City.  

I actually do like things looking a bit aged/patina-ed; I just don't think that really works that well with this type of style (which you indicate as book-matched-veneer; plus all the edge texture, and the big ole' statement-legs . . .).  

On the chairs, we got rid of them way backalong, they had that old caning on the backs and were just a disaster.   But I hear you on the sideboard, which is displaying some extremely weird decay along its edges.

No one living from my family of origin approves of my replacement, but they do eat the food here.  And I think my mother might've been at least a little piqued (yes, therapy, I got it).

image.thumb.jpeg.c7f257f2d16701cb6aa0d6ee5e10d3bd.jpeg