• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

David Hawksworth leaving West

barolo

Today's Sun has Malcolm Parry reporting that David Hawksworth will leave West to start his own restaurant in the redeveloped Hotel Georgia. It is a little confusing because the paragraph related to Hawksworth is in the Shore Club section, but that appears to be a printing error (all too many in the local media).

Here's the quote:

However much they pay, though, residents and hotel guest will be a mere elevator ride to a restaurant run by long-feted chef David Hawksworth, who'll leave South Granville's West for his own first gig as owner.

And the link:Parry's column, September 15th

Cheers,

Anne

• 4 weeks later...
What's he going to do between leaving West in December and opening at the Georgia in Oct 2009 -  that's what I want to know!

I am crossing my fingers that he would want to work a few nights at the HSG to keep his skills sharp, and it is a mere stumble from his front door.

He has not called yet, but the phone lines are open. :biggrin:

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com