• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Just the amarena cherries?

Dianabanana

Does anyone know if there's a way to buy Fabbri amarena cherries for a reasonable price but also in a quantity that a home cook would be likely to use up in her lifetime? It seems to me that a large portion of my $16-$20 is going to pay for the fancy jar. I thought I saw these in bulk somewhere recently but can't for the life of me remember where, and now I am kicking myself.

Edited to say that, for those unfamiliar with amarena cherries, these are the preserved wild Italian cherries in syrup.

Edited by Dianabanana (log)

Does anyone know if there's a way to buy Fabbri amarena cherries for a reasonable price but also in a quantity that a home cook would be likely to use up in her lifetime? It seems to me that a large portion of my $16-$20 is going to pay for the fancy jar. I thought I saw these in bulk somewhere recently but can't for the life of me remember where, and now I am kicking myself.

I've seen it in 7lb tins in food halls in Rome and Paris. Have you looked on the Fabbri Website to see if they sell product online? Good Luck!

Diana,

Where are you located? My store is in Philadelphia and we have the bulk cans of amarena cherries. We might be able to send them to you from our Mail Order department.

Take care!

Scott

Exceptional food + wine tours of Sicily & Puglia.

Export manager: regional Italian foods

Blogging at: Getting Lost in Sicily

"At the table, you forget your troubles."

- Sicilian proverb