• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rachael Ray-So You Think You Can Cook

KristiB50

I have to admit... when I saw the title of this, I thought it was a challenge to her, not the name of a contest...

"So, Rachel Ray... So you think you can cook, ehhh?? Let's see it!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carry on!

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

Rocco is also heading up a contest/search for a TV cooking show co-host sponsored by Bertolli (pasta & olive oil maker):

Rocco's contest

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
Yea, I thought Rocco's appearance on Top Chef showcasing Bertolli's frozen dishes was a new low for that show in product placement.

Seriously...

Yeah, frozen really tastes AS delicious as fresh!

Chefs HATE Bertolli because their food tastes SO good.

The whole marketing campaign topped off with Rocco being the celebrity is just.... *cringe*

Edited by theisenm85 (log)

• 3 months later...
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=608197

So Rachael Ray is hawking a big "garbage bowl"?

UGH!

Im getting tired of "Rach"!

It's pretty. :) (and really, the idea of a garbage bowl is a good one)

I say cash in when you can. She used to use a Wustof sankutu. Tons of people wanted to know what kind of knife it was. People rushed out to buy them. Then, she switched and got a deal with another company for knives, cookware, etc. I'm sure she made a pretty penny as people dumped their perfectly capabale Wustof's to get the new Racheal knife.

Of course, she wasn't the first to hawk stuff, and won't be the last.

Anyway, getting back on topic, what's the latest with this show?

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"