• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brunch at Crillon (Les Ambassadeurs)

Fibilou

• 7 months later...

Taken on 27th April.

gallery_52724_4472_54.jpg

gallery_52724_4472_7429.jpg

gallery_52724_4472_4841.jpg

Starter - Eggs en cocotte with spinach and truffle

gallery_52724_4472_10783.jpg

Main course of scallops

gallery_52724_4472_5415.jpg

Main course of libaise bread with chicken & hummus

gallery_52724_4472_9042.jpg

Selection of hams, salmon and cheeses

gallery_52724_4472_13745.jpg

Dessert of American pancakes with griddled banana and coconut

gallery_52724_4472_324.jpg

From the patisserie trolley (we had to have one of each :biggrin: )

gallery_52724_4472_2045.jpg (black forest macaron, passionfruit jelly adn paris-brest)

gallery_52724_4472_1062.jpg pannacotta with salted butter caramel, strawberry & banana cake and and a chocolate hazelnut cake

Everything was delicious, from the Christine Ferber strawberry jam which we very nearly finished, to the lemon cake on the table to the pink grapefruit juice. And to underline the kindness we have always found at this marvellous establishment, I asked the Restaurant Manager in my best French where I could buy CF jam in Paris. When he realised I was a "foodie" (as we were chatting about her Alsace shop) he went to the kitchen and came back with 3 jars of CF jam for us as a gift !

A wonderful treat, reasonably priced at 70e per head including a glass of Tatti and endless mineral water. I highly recommend it.

Edited by Fibilou (log)

www.diariesofadomesticatedgoddess.blogspot.com

I will be in Paris for a month beginning mid September. I have just emailed the Crillon (Les Ambassadeurs) re brunch for early October. I usually enjoy dining at their l'Obelisque, too.

I have also e-mail Le Bristol re their Saturday afternoon High Tea/Fashion Show for that time of the year. A 50 euro, reservation thing. Sounds like a fun thing to do.

Joan