• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Clos Jordanne Pinot Noir - In Mississauga?

MinhD

Hey, does anyone know where I can find Clos Jordanne Pinot Noir (2004) in the Mississauga area?? Unfortunately the LCBO doesn't carry it (they will have the 05 vintage in November).

I'm from out of town and hoping there's some small niche place that may have some since it is a Niagara based winery.

http://www.leclosjordanne.com/en/vision/default.asp

At last look there were still bottles available of Clos Jordanne's Claystone Terrace and Clos Jordanne available in the SAQ inventory (Le Grand Clos sold out). In Ontario I think you're SOL, since LCJ's production has been significantly hyped (good luck though).

Right now, the Chardonnays are a better at each price point than the Pinot Noirs; could change as the PN vines get a bit older.

unless you can pick it up at the winery, it will be hard to find.  i tried some and it was good, however, at the price they charge, there are other things i would by instead.

Even for the Village Reserve? I think they're selling that around $25, that's pretty good for Pinot N.

unless you can pick it up at the winery, it will be hard to find.  i tried some and it was good, however, at the price they charge, there are other things i would by instead.

Even for the Village Reserve? I think they're selling that around $25, that's pretty good for Pinot N.

As compared with some of the Meo Camuzet Bourgogne or the Marsannay that has come into the LCBO around this mark (still sub 30 as I recall) or the 2005 Au Bon Climat Pinot (think this was 28 bucks on release) and a few others that have come in around this mark yes. Sub 20 and I may think about it, but really you should know that I prefer a very ripe style which just is not going to happen here in Ontario IMO. It really comes down to your preference.

officially left egullet....

I picked up a bottle when it was on the shelves at the LCBO many months ago. I forgot which of the Clos Jordanne I bought, but it was $35. In fact, the only thing I remembered about that wine was it was a bit watery, not much fruit taste and thinking I could find better pinots from New Zealand or US for half the price. It didn't improve at all the next day (might have been a little worse), so not sure that it'll ever get better with age.

I've been looking hard for years and went to Niagara this past summer again hoping to find new gems, but no success so far. The bottom line for me still is they're getting better but the QPR just isn't there.

unless you can pick it up at the winery, it will be hard to find. 

There's none available at the winery. Sold out! Although I hear that a potential export order to New York has fallen through - not sure what will happen to that product).

Only place I know is Quebec.