• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to find kangaroo meat on the menu?

Gastro888

Hi all,

Got a request to find a restaurant in the city that serves 'roo meat. Anyone know what restaurant serves this? Supposedly there is one. It's for a surprise bday meal for a friend. This Friday.

(Nice to see at even at this age, people still do the last minute @#$!)

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

Got a request to find a restaurant in the city that serves 'roo meat.  Anyone know what restaurant serves this?  Supposedly there is one.  It's for a surprise bday meal for a friend.  This Friday.

(Nice to see at even at this age, people still do the last minute @#$!)

Thanks for your help!

I had kangaroo skewers at Eight Mile Creek recently. That's a regular menu item, and they sometimes add a special 'roo dish as well.

I seemed to recall that Henry's End in Brooklyn Heights had all sorts of game; a quick google and check this out

http://www.henrysend.com/samplegamemenu.htm

Kangaroo- Pancetta, Swiss Chard & Port Wine 27.50

I bet it shows up often on the specials...

With the closing of Cuzin's on 9th avenue, I've never seen it for sale anywhere else...