• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near the Ritz

Jean Blanchard

I'm here in Paris and want to have a drink on Monday night at the Ritz.  Can anyone recommend a restaurant (hopefully close enough to walk to) near the Ritz.  Something French, a brasserie?  Thank you!

Jean

If you want to stay in the neighborhood you could walk to the marché Saint Honoré where you will find Caroline Rostang's L'Absinthe. Or for Corsican, that gets very good reviews, there is A Casa Luna.

I had a very good meal at le Gallopin, a beautiful brasserie with traditional French cooking which is only a few blocks away, however John was disappointed (Pudlo, however, gave it a coup de coeur last year). www.brasseriegallopin.com. And there is le Vaudeville, which is a Flo brasserie meaning that the food isn't spectacular but the setting normally is.

Has anyone been to Le Dauphin, that's in the neighborhood as well but I haven't been.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Just across the street is Le Castglione, on St. Honore, more like an upscale cafe but with surprisingly good food. Their Dover sole was excellent. A few blocks away on Mont-Thabor is Le Souffle; try the three course souffle dinner...memorable.

Drouant is within walking distance.

I'd second Drouant but think Alice Bardet's Point Bar is infinitely better than l'Absinthe if you're eating around the Marche; also I like Pinxo + Le Meurice for very different reasons. Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris