• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Timo, Miami

markk

I just realized that I never posted photos from our dinner at Timo in Sunny Isles Beach from our recent trip. This is a favorite from trips past that we had one dinner at, and remembered that we've never had a disappointing dish here.

Foie Gras (we each had an order, because though it's delicious, it's not very large):

gallery_11181_5120_6532.jpg

Sweetbreads (we shared one of these, extremely delicious):

gallery_11181_5120_9319.jpg

And then we each had (and devoured) one of these, which is basically the rib steak that you'll see described on the menu below, combined with a daily special of an enormous shrimp (perhaps a 'prawn') - our server, who's been steering us towards great meals for years, came up with the combination on the spot and thought we would enjoy it, and he was right:

gallery_11181_5120_97541.jpg

And because I'm too lazy to type in descriptions of all the above (and thought it would be of interest), their menu:

gallery_11181_5120_41299.jpg

That was followed by their delicious homemade roasted banana ice cream, but apparently no photo.

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's