• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Week finally comes to Tulsa

From the Spot in todays Tulsa World.

After years of having to go to Dallas or to Kansas City to enjoy a restaurant week, we finally get one here.

The inaugural Tulsa Restaurant Week will run Sunday through Sept. 15, with 10 percent of the prix fixe sales going to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma. That money will be matched up to $12,000 by the George Kaiser Family Foundation.

Participating restaurants include: A Bar & Kitchen, Biga, Brasserie Restaurant & Bar, Chalkboard, Ciao!, Dalesandro’s, Flemings Prime Steakhouse, French Hen, Fifty 5 Degrees, Garlic Rose, In the Raw, Kokoa Chocolatier, Lava Noshery, the Local Table, McGill’s, Polo Grill, Melting Pot and Osage Restaurant at Gilcrease Museum. Bodean Seafood will participate if its new location at 3376 E. 51st St. is open in time for the event.

It isn't much, but it is a beginning. Flemings and the Melting Pot are the only two I have never eaten at. But that will not stop me.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

My inagural restaurant week meal was lunch at Local Table, a relatively new comer from one of our local chefs.

My lunch was a nice homemake corn chowder, a steak sandwich which was a tender slice of ribeye on baguette with piping hot french fries on the side. Dessert was fresh strawberry shortcake, fresh strawberries, real not overly sweet whipped cream and homemade shortcake biscuits.

For $12.95, well worth the money and the time. Now, where do I go next. Being Sunday night, not a lot of places are open. Maybe McGills up on Lake Skiatook, or to get away from the specials, I noticed a new place open in the Center 1 comlex called KEO. I know nothing about it. That sounds like the challenge.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!