• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

zot

mrbigjas

it doesn't seem to have its own topic, so a quick question for those of you who have been there: inappropriate for a one year-old if we're going for an early dinner (like 630 early, not like 5 early)?

i don't have a sense of a) how bar-like it is, and b) how upscale it is.

Er, I haven't exactly been there, more like we looked in the doorway on a sunday evening and saw a relatively large and almost completely empty dining room. I would judge my 10second glimpse of the room as more dining room like than bar like. I would call them before you go to see what kind of post work crowd has shown up; it's pretty big so if it's a slow night it shouldn't be a big deal. If you were asking for today, sorry this is too late.

It Is not upscale at all. I don't know if they have highchairs. If you call ask for Felice, she could answer all your questions. There is usually music playing and they just expanded to the upstairs. I would take my son without a worry.

<span style='color:red'><i>Todd Lean

Email me

cool thanks y'all. it turned out we went to cafe de laos, where we were the only people in the dining room. granted it was like 6:45 and this is a slow week in general, but still. the food there is too good for it to be that empty.