• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicken Breasts - To stuff, but with what?

Tela T

Alright, so you have chicken breasts and you're going to stuff them to bake (preferably ahead) like y'all helped with last week to freeze then bake. But what other options do you recommend to stuff them with - I'm sure there are limitless ideas - but I'm brain dead - suggestions from those of you more creative than me?? :wacko:

T

Live and learn. Die and get food. That's the Southern way.

Cheese works well with the low moisture of the chicken breast. Fontina melts very well or gruyere, taste great with chicken. Make a stuffing using some nice vegetables or nuts like, artichokes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, hazelnuts. Not suggesting using all of these at once.

Goats cheese and tarragon.

Sundried tomatoes(preserved in EVOO) and thyme.

Mixture of butter, crushed garlic, lemon skin and thyme wrapped in parma ham.

It`s 9-25am and I`m now hungry !! :sad:

"It's true I crept the boards in my youth, but I never had it in my blood, and that's what so essential isn't it? The theatrical zeal in the veins. Alas, I have little more than vintage wine and memories." - Montague Withnail.

I have done skinless, boneless breasts pounded out thin stuffed with a mixture of raw spinach tossed in olive oil with a bit of minced garlic, some crushed crisp bacon, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and a few pine nuts. The whole thing is secured with tooth picks, dredged in lightly seasoned flour then into an egg wash followed by seasoned panko bread crumbs and baked until golden brown in a 400 degree oven or gas grill. Remove the tooth picks and serve.

It is surprisingly good.

HC

Edited by HungryChris (log)