• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef's pan/saucier in Toronto, ON

HowardLi

Does anybody know where to find these in Toronto? I've looked in a bunch of stores, both specializing and non-specializing in kitchen equipment, and I can never find anything that'll fit a whisk. I'm looking for a 2-2.5 quart version.

Thanks

Does anybody know where to find these in Toronto? I've looked in a bunch of stores, both specializing and non-specializing in kitchen equipment, and I can never find anything that'll fit a whisk. I'm looking for a 2-2.5 quart version.

Thanks

Is there a Bed, Bath, and Beyond there? If not, it might be worth a trip into New York. There's this Calphalon Tri Ply 3-Quart Covered Chef's pan they have in stock for US$39.99. I bought one and am very happy with it's performance.

Thanks

Is there a Bed, Bath, and Beyond there? If not, it might be worth a trip into New York. There's this Calphalon Tri Ply 3-Quart Covered Chef's pan they have in stock for US$39.99. I bought one and am very happy with it's performance.

There's a Calphalon store at King & Spadina. I'd try there before flying to NYC. Well, if all you wanted was a saucier.

I know I've seen them around- try giving Nella on Bathurst (just n of Bloor) or Nikolau on Queen @ Bathurst a shout. Maybe even the Bay. I think they carry the Jamie Oliver line by Tfal, and he/they might just make one. Tap Phong on Spadina might be worth a shot too.

Sorry I can't specifically answer your question, but I'd try phoning the kitchen places at least (they probably have English speaking staff who know their product and could tell you what's in stock). Phoning ahead might not work for the Bay or Tap Phong though.

Cheers,

Geoff Ruby

Oh, there's also Golda's in Mississauga I think - they have a comprehensive web page - i think they're primarily web focused. I bought a cheap one somewhere, but it has a plastic handle so it's a bit useless.

Thanks

Nikolau Restaurant supply - 629 Queen West. All Clad, Sitram, etc

Ummm, it's Toronto guys. We can easily easily get Claphalon, All Clad, Sitram etc. etc.

As recommended upthread, Nikolau has everything. I personally recommend the All Clad.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Thanks

Nikolau Restaurant supply - 629 Queen West. All Clad, Sitram, etc

Went in to Nikolau today and talked to Louie. They haven't carried All-Clad in ages. Nella on Bathurst does.

Nikolau does have Sitram and Cuisinox. Didn't think to ask if they had a chef's pan in the size you're seeking though. My bad.

Good luck with your search.

Geoff Ruby