• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looks good but tastes bad

Although I have plenty of other examples of food that looks good yet tastes bad, I have to second your assessment markk about Boston Market chicken. Why does it tastes so bad? Or perhaps it is a discernible lack of taste because it's seasoned to not offend (or maybe seasoned to offend)? The one thing I know for sure about the stuff but could never wrap my brain around was how can a chicken be cooked on a rotisserie AND come out tasting soggy everytime!?

I've got to lay down a challenge to you Marky Marc and that is to come to the Washington, DC area and find ONE tasty apricot. I have tried in vain for years and I have yet to have one that didn't taste mushy, dry and cottony.

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

I've got to lay down a challenge to you Marky Marc and that is to come to the Washington, DC area and find ONE tasty apricot.  I have tried in vain for years and I have yet to have one that didn't taste mushy, dry and cottony.

Hmmmmm.......... are they as notoriously bad in NY? I'm going to be there next week.

I've got to lay down a challenge to you Marky Marc and that is to come to the Washington, DC area and find ONE tasty apricot.  I have tried in vain for years and I have yet to have one that didn't taste mushy, dry and cottony.

Hmmmmm.......... are they as notoriously bad in NY? I'm going to be there next week.

Oops, I just saw your post. Yes, they are dreadful IMHO, and the most evil part of it all is that they always look such perfect, sunny little blemish-free orbs, so inviting, then you take a bite and YUCK! Makes me wonder why vendors even bother selling them here. What makes up for it is that I can always find a tasty apple here year round.

Welcome to the DC area; have fun. :smile:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!