• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Casings Source?

charlesh1609

Greetings EG!

As I type, I'm curing my butt in Morton's smoked sugar cure and my belly in Hi Mountain Seasonings Buckboard Bacon Cure. Coordinated timing suggests smoking both in a week give or take a day.

Meanwhille, UPS has delivered all my sausage making components; new grizzly stuffer, cure powders 1, 2 and a big bag of dextrose courtesy of Allied Kenco. I'll use the KA grinder for now.

A neighbor pruned out his orchard so I've got enough freshly cut and seasoned cherry wood to last for the next few years. I also finally sectioned and chunked the maple and alder branches I nabbed after the Seattle Hanukkah Eve Wind Storm of 2006. Long name for a storm, I know. I suggested it be named an (Rosie) O'Donnell but my suggestion was ignored.

Only missing 1 item before I begin the great sausage adventure. Anyone know a retail Seattle casings source? Thanks in advance.

Greetings EG!

As I type, I'm curing my butt in Morton's smoked sugar cure and my belly in Hi Mountain Seasonings Buckboard Bacon Cure. Coordinated timing suggests smoking both in a week give or take a day.

Meanwhille, UPS has delivered all my sausage making components; new grizzly stuffer, cure powders 1, 2 and a big bag of dextrose courtesy of Allied Kenco. I'll use the KA grinder for now.

A neighbor pruned out his orchard so I've got enough freshly cut and seasoned cherry wood to last for the next few years. I also finally sectioned and chunked the maple and alder branches I nabbed after the Seattle Hanukkah Eve Wind Storm of 2006. Long name for a storm, I know. I suggested it be named an (Rosie) O'Donnell but my suggestion was ignored.

Only missing 1 item before I begin the great sausage adventure. Anyone know a retail Seattle casings source? Thanks in advance.

I am not in seattle , but here,Whole foods will sell casings...There were some postings on the charcutrie thread that in other parts of the country Whole foods would sell em...

Bud

Please post if you are successful in buying casings from Seattle-area WFs. I tried at the Redmond one last year, and the guys behind the counter looked confused and eventually said no. I haven't tried recently...

Please post if you are successful in buying casings from Seattle-area WFs.  I tried at the Redmond one last year, and the guys behind the counter looked confused and eventually said no.  I haven't tried recently...

It was about 4 years ago, but I bought casings at the Ravenna Whole Foods.