• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating in Grants Pass

The sad news :sad: is that Maria's Restaurant , the one in the decrepit building with only one parking place, right next to the railroad tracks, has gone defunct. The landlord sold the property to a corporation but kindly paid for all the diner's lunches on the last day, August 14th. This place had such tasty Mexican food - even the refried beans were flat-out delicious.... I drove by there the other day and they'd already torn part of it down.... But I've heard she wants to open up again somewhere in Grants Pass, after taking a break.

Why does a little place like Grants Pass attract better restaurants than Medford, the metropolis of Southern Oregon? We were pleased to eat recently at Abu's Oasis Deli on NW 6th Street -less than a mile down from the North Grants Pass freeway exit - I recommend the sampler platters of Lebanese and Greek food that contain something of everything. A large one good for two people for 18.95 (w/meat or vegetarian) and the giant one for 29.95. Nothing that wasn't flavorful.

Edited by phage (log)

Gac