• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot Fuzz

hummingbirdkiss

ok there is a a food perhaps better said as a dessert theme in this movie!!!

it is absolutely hysterical I think!!! ...and the neatly placed desserts begining with a black forrest cake ..ice cream and more cake!!!...

imagine a cop being punished for drunk driving by having to bring ice cream to work? I will say no more...

check it out and see if I am right ..or just that I am so food obseesed I see a food theme even in a cheesy very funny action flick?

perhaps I need some special medication

but really

I just loved this movie

www.hotfuzz.com

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

I thought it was hilarious as a British take off of the US cop action movies. I have been a fan of Pegg and Frost since 'Shaun of the Dead'.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

I thought it was hilarious as a British take off of the US cop action movies.  I have been a fan of Pegg and Frost since 'Shaun of the Dead'.

me too I love those guys ..did you notice the dessert theme..even my old man who does not pick up on it commented "what is with all the eating and desserts!!!"

flipping funny movie and a much needed relief!!!!

I also loved "Shaun of the Dead"

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

• 3 months later...

It's so true to life though.

Late for shift ? You're bringing in doughnuts tomorrow

It's your birthday ? You're bringing in cakes

Forgotten half your kit ? You're bringing in doughnuts

Made a cockup of a job ? You're bringing in loads of doughnuts and cakes tomorrow.

Seriously, the life of a police officer in the UK revolves around food and the next food break !

www.diariesofadomesticatedgoddess.blogspot.com

I thought it was hilarious as a British take off of the US cop action movies.  I have been a fan of Pegg and Frost since 'Shaun of the Dead'.

They're my new favorites. I ran out and rented Shaun after seeing Hot Fuzz.

And I just found out that they did the "Don't!" trailer in Tarrantino and Rodriguez's Grindhouse. Genius!

Notes from the underbelly