• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SAECO repair Greater NYC or......

Peter B Wolf

The Wolf needs help, please

My SAECO " Bistro " , European Model, Type SUP 00ZE , 230V, 50Hz, 1250W,

Matricola # 984055314, (date 602?,

Thats all the reading on inside sticker.

Got it in Germany about '99.

Will heat, make steam, but to start grinding beans and brew it refuses. All this recently

I think I need a Pro on this. To save on shipping I could deliver and pick up.

Just need a place in above mentioned area(s)

Thanks

Peter

If you paid about $250 US or less it's best to just think of it as an item that gave you your money's worth and let it go. But if you're particularly attached to the unit I suggest contacting an authorized Saeco repair center as a place to start.

The age of the unit and its likely provenance as a European market machine (230V) make it unlikely that parts will b readily available but you never know.

Go to the web site of Saeco USA and click on the Consumer section. Go to Products / Service and there's a place to plug in the state to get a listing. Good luck.