• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The inn at St. Peters

handmc

As noted in the Chester Co. restaurant thread I mentioned the Inn at St. Peters. St. Peter's Villiage, PA off of rte 23w between rte. 100 AND RTE 345.

Here is the link.

www.innatsaintpeters.com

Tonight I ate at the Bar, the wife was occupied.

For the soup course I had the Crab Gazpacho with Avacado Puree. It was cool and very tasty. If anything it could have used a touch of salt, but it was something special with the bread served.

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11879672..._5069_38211.jpg

For the next course I had the Lobster Salad with Artichoke Hearts and endive. It was very good as well but a little salt would have made the dish as well.

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11879672...5069_393949.jpg

While I mention salt, I have to mention up here, in this neck of the woods, there is a heavy PA Dutch influence and assertly spiced foods are not really welcomed. I have cooked locally at a church for various dinners and it took over 10 years to get the church members accustomed to more assertively spiced foods.

For my main course I had a goat cheese and shi-take mushroom pizza with a splash of white truffle oil, it also had thin sliced red onions and was very delicious.

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11880031...5069_789480.jpg

Dessert was the best.

It was a cheesecake with port marinated figs and figs poached in honey with diced strawberries. I had a glass of Croft 71 port which was a perfect match. The cheesecake was light as air and the figs, Oh My God they were good!

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11880031...5069_603368.jpg

With dinner I had a bottle of Clive voigenier. It was stunning! Cool Crisp and a wonderful white wine. And I don't like white wine all that much!

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11880031...5069_968020.jpg

I look forward to a full dinner there. I will keep you posted.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Thanks for the report, I've been wanting to check that place out, and just haven't gotten around to it.

(and I fixed your image links...)

As noted in the Chester Co. restaurant thread I mentioned the Inn at St. Peters. St. Peter's Villiage, PA off of rte 23w between rte. 100 AND RTE 345.

Here is the link.

www.innatsaintpeters.com

Tonight I ate at the Bar, the wife was occupied.

For the soup course I had the Crab Gazpacho with Avacado Puree. It was cool and very tasty. If anything it could have used a touch of salt, but it was something special with the bread served.

gallery_16347_5069_38211.jpg

For the next course I had the Lobster Salad with Artichoke Hearts and endive. It was very good as well but a little salt would have made the dish as well.

gallery_16347_5069_393949.jpg

While I mention salt, I have to mention up here, in this neck of the woods, there is a heavy PA Dutch influence and assertly spiced foods are not really welcomed. I have cooked locally at a church for various dinners and it took over 10 years to get the church members accustomed to more assertively spiced foods.

For my main course I had a goat cheese and shi-take mushroom pizza with a splash of white truffle oil, it also had thin sliced red onions and was very delicious.

gallery_16347_5069_789480.jpg

Dessert was the best.

It was a cheesecake with port marinated figs and figs poached in honey with diced strawberries. I had a glass of Croft 71 port which was a perfect match. The cheesecake was light as air and the figs, Oh My God they were good!

gallery_16347_5069_603368.jpg

With dinner I had a bottle of Clive voigenier. It was stunning! Cool Crisp and a wonderful white wine. And I don't like white wine all that much!

gallery_16347_5069_968020.jpg

I look forward to a full dinner there. I will keep you posted.

Edited by philadining (log)

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Thanks, I always fumble with the image links.

--------------------

philadining :

I would love to test the main menu with you. Let me know when you are coming out for dinner.

--------------------

My wife and I have attended two of their wine dinners. The first one featuring rhone wines was great; both the wine and food was very well done. The second on spanish wines wasn't so good; the wine wasn't very good and in short supply as compared to the first one, and the food was really not good.

Just got an email today that their going to do food and beer pairings this fall.

Best,

Mike