• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What is your most requested recipe?

llc45

Ok - I'm pretty new to posting so I'm not sure that I am putting this in the right place. I'd like to know if you have a recipe that family and friends keep asking for - the one that keeps getting shared way past your immediate circle. Mine is a barbequed chipotle beef brisket that is so simple that even my friends who don't like to cook have started making it. They make if for their friends and family and the recipe keeps getting shared. We serve it with corn pancakes so you get a little sweet mixed with the hot brisket but a lot of the people I have shared it with have started their own variations.

Ok - I'm pretty new to posting so I'm not sure that I am putting this in the right place.  I'd like to know if you have a recipe that family and friends keep asking for - the one that keeps getting shared way past your immediate circle.  Mine is a barbequed chipotle beef brisket that is so simple that even my friends who don't like to cook have started making it.  They make if for their friends and family and the recipe keeps getting shared.  We serve it with corn pancakes so  you get a little sweet mixed with the hot brisket but a lot of the people I have shared it with have started their own variations.

Simple is the way to go! Might we persuade you to post it to RecipeGullet?

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

Great topic, llc45! I thought that I had an answer "right off the bat", but now realize that I have a few to choose between. Perhaps the one that people ask for the most is a Fattoush salad. Whenever we take it to a pot-luck, take it to someone's house to add to a dinner, or serve it here, people always ask for the recipe. Actually when whenever we make it, we find it difficult not to eat most of it right then.

By the way, we are always trying different brisket recipes, meeting with various results. The best is still what my dad used to make, which is more along the lines of an Eastern European pot-roasty brisket. We are looking for more of a smoked or BBQ style. How about sharing your most requested recipe?

This could be fun!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne."

John Maynard Keynes

my enchiladas ..they are stacked ..New Mexican style "Christmas" one side red and one side green ....completely unique where I live now so everyone wants the recipe when I make them ...

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Ironically, it would be me tuna casserole. I make it with linguine and add home-made curry powder and tarragon to the cheese sauce. It's become my most-requested dish of all time. I invented it right off the top of my head about 11 years ago.

Sincerely,

Dante

Ok I added the recipes for both chipotle beef brisket and corn pancakes to recipegullet. I kind of wing the pancakes so I hope I got the proportions right. Sorry I don't know how to do a link. The responses so far have been great. Looking forward to hearing some more!! Oh wait, I just realized that I didn't add the egg to the corncakes. Let me go back and figure out how to fix that.

Ok - I'm pretty new to posting so I'm not sure that I am putting this in the right place.  I'd like to know if you have a recipe that family and friends keep asking for - the one that keeps getting shared way past your immediate circle.  Mine is a barbequed chipotle beef brisket that is so simple that even my friends who don't like to cook have started making it.  They make if for their friends and family and the recipe keeps getting shared.  We serve it with corn pancakes so  you get a little sweet mixed with the hot brisket but a lot of the people I have shared it with have started their own variations.

What a great topic! I'll have to think about which recipe gets asked-for most.

The Chipotle Beef Brisket sounds wonderful! Do you also have cooking directions for those of us who don't have a crockpot?

SuzySushi

"She sells shiso by the seashore."

My eGullet Foodblog: A Tropical Christmas in the Suburbs

I am looking forward to trying some of these recipes. I remember wanting to try the foccacia when I saw it on egullet sometime in the past. Thanks for reminding me!

SuziSushi - Originally, I did the whole thing in a dutch oven - brown the meat, then do the onions add the chile sauce and then the other ingredients. Then put it in the oven with a lid and bake on 325 or 350 for 2 to 2.5 hrs. I remember that I always cooked for longer and sometimes just simmered on the stovetop instead. Just keep checking the meat until your sure that it is tender. Since I get asked to bring it to parties even in the summer, the beauty of the crockpot is that I can cook it on the back porch and keep the heat out of the kitchen and the whole house doesn't smell like brisket for days. :biggrin:

UnConundrum - I browsed that focaccia recipe and found that the portions are weighed and not in cups. Would you happen to have the measurement in cups/tbsps.?

My most requested recipe is my apple pie... and perfectly chocolate cake.

Most requested recipe from eGullet that my friend's request is AhLeung's Mapo Tofu.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

UnConundrum - I browsed that focaccia recipe and found that the portions are weighed and not in cups. Would you happen to have the measurement in cups/tbsps.

We have a conversion page HERE. We're hoping to a a conversion option to a page, but I just haven't had time to work on it for some time. The conversion page was building the database and math, so we're close, but for not it's still manual.

Please post your recipes, people! They sound great.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Ok I added the recipes for both chipotle beef brisket and corn pancakes to recipegullet.  I kind of wing the pancakes so I hope I got the proportions right.  Sorry I don't know how to do a link.  The responses so far have been great.  Looking forward to hearing some more!!  Oh wait, I just realized that I didn't add the egg to the corncakes.  Let me go back and figure out how to fix that.

Hi LLC45 -- Your recipe sounds delicious -- one question -- I don't know what "chili sauce" is (I'm assuming its not hot sauce, since there are 12 ounces of it!) Is there a brand you use that I could look for? And do you find it in the same area as hot sauces? Or is it more with the ketchup type stuff...

Thanks!

Emily

one question -- I don't know what "chili sauce" is (I'm assuming its not hot sauce, since there are 12 ounces of it!) Is there a brand you use that I could look for? And do you find it in the same area as  hot sauces? Or is it more with the ketchup type stuff...

:wub: I'm sooo embarrassed to admit that I had to ask my husband. I do all the cooking and he does the "big" weekly grocery shopping. I hate supermarkets - I do most of my shopping at little local farm stands and butchers because I don't like searching for things and waiting in long lines. In any event, it is by the ketchup. I checked the ones in my pantry and they are Shop Rite brand but I know I usually have Heinz.

My most-asked-for recipe doesn't have a name, or even a recipe, really. I just marinate some boneless, skinless chicken thighs with garlic, lemon zest and juice, fresh thyme sprigs, and olive oil. Then, throw them on the grill. Simple party-pleaser! If I want to get fancy, I use breast meat cut up and skewered. :cool:

The family has come to call it "Greek chicken", but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

My most-asked-for recipe doesn't have a name, or even a recipe, really.  I just marinate some boneless, skinless chicken thighs with garlic, lemon zest and juice, fresh thyme sprigs, and olive oil.  Then, throw them on the grill.  Simple party-pleaser!  If I want to get fancy, I use breast meat cut up and skewered.   :cool:

The family has come to call it "Greek chicken", but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

That sounds simple, delicious and Greek to me! If you really want to put on the dog, give it a side of tzatziki!

My most requested recipe is my "mona's meaty minestrone" soup. It's been passed halfway across the country!

Edited by monavano (log)