• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

G. Ramsey DVD for USA

Qwerty

Anyone know where I can (or if it is even possible) purchase Gordon Ramsay DVDs--specifically Boiling Point and/or Kitchen Nightmares (UK Version, obviously).

I'm just interested--I've caught the shows sporadically on BBC America, and a search on the net didn't turn up much.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone know where I can (or if it is even possible) purchase Gordon Ramsay DVDs--specifically Boiling Point and/or Kitchen Nightmares (UK Version, obviously).

I'm just interested--I've caught the shows sporadically on BBC America, and a search on the net didn't turn up much.

Thanks for the help.

You can get them on Amazon UK, but there are in the EU format and not compatible on our players. My wife and I looked at it as well and thought about just buying a cheap player as well.

Can't imagine why they would not market here.

Thanks for the help.

a google of "digital distractions" may help you...

Thanks for the help.

a google of "digital distractions" may help you...

I don't remember DD having those shows, but I'm not sure now. You can also google "kitchen nightmares torrent".

• 2 months later...

Answered my own question with naught but patience....

Amazon.ca

Looks like the Canadian amazon has it for sale...in North American format nonetheless. Still seemingly can't get it in the states, but I can always import it...looks like I'll be getting this with my next paycheck.

• 3 weeks later...
Answered my own question with naught but patience....

Amazon.ca

Looks like the Canadian amazon has it for sale...in North American format nonetheless. Still seemingly can't get it in the states, but I can always import it...looks like I'll be getting this with my next paycheck.

The bullsh*t that goes around formats is so unreasonable and annoying it's not surprising good people turn to pirating. Try itunes, then turn to isohunt.

For krikey sake, you bought it, why can't you play it? What is wrong with these old media twits?

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

• 2 weeks later...
amazon.ca just has "Kitchen Nightmares"only, not "Boiling Point", which happens to be the one I want to see.

Anyone know if BBC america has or will air the UK version of Hell's kitchen?

good news on Kitchen Nightmares UK for the USA formattedhttp://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000VJ3E5I/002-9808137-1280024?SubscriptionId=10YVF75G6G1XD1C83E82

regarding Boiling Point, I think you are stuck with isohunt/mininova/piratebay for now. But if his popularity continues, that'll change also.

but.. have you tried Youtube? You would be amazed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VFhMOy-cw0

and

production values on boiling point were rather low, it might not make a big difference.

Edited by et alors (log)

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

Of course, BBC America started playing Boilig Point _last_ Sunday, so I missed the first hour. Looks like they're playing 2 episodes every Sunday at 10:00 and 10:30AM. Gotta go set the DVR...

[edit]

Looks like Beyond Boiling Point starts playing on 12/23 and runs through 1/13, after which they start showing Boiling point at episode 1.

Edited by charlesd (log)

Of course, BBC America started playing  Boilig Point _last_ Sunday, so I missed the first hour.  Looks like they're playing 2 episodes every Sunday at 10:00 and 10:30AM.  Gotta go set the DVR...

[edit]

Looks like Beyond Boiling Point starts playing on 12/23 and runs through 1/13, after which they start showing Boiling point at episode 1.

I saw this last nigth and ran upto my tivo but Boiling Point wasn't on the schedule :(

I re-read your post and am going back to look for Beyond Boiling Point.

Edited by RAHiggins1 (log)
Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.