• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seaham Hall

Anyone been here and have any good reports? A friend of mine owes me a sizeable food/drink debt and it would be easier if it could be settled in the North East. I have little hope that somewhere serving 'Parsnip Foam - Foie Gras Ice Cream' will be anything other than a rollercoaster of pretension but hopefully one of you wants to change my mind.

Anyone been here and have any good reports? A friend of mine owes me a sizeable food/drink debt and it would be easier if it could be settled in the North East. I have little hope that somewhere serving 'Parsnip Foam - Foie Gras Ice Cream' will be anything other than a rollercoaster of pretension but hopefully one of you wants to change my mind.

Why dont you take it for what it is ! A description of the dish.

Maybe you will enjoy it, may be you won't but at least give the place and the chef a chance.

There are too many people like yourself that make they're mind up before even visiting a restaurant.

Places can suffer from these kind of comments ie there too expensive,there too pretentious. Visit the place first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by trimble (log)

Easy there! I've been, a long time ago now, and while I can't remember anything much about the food apart from a nice warm glow of generalised tastiness, I do remember that the place itself is a bit artfully styled, but comfortable and friendly rather than pretentious.