• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian American in Queens - US Open Tennis

irongut

Hi guys,

We are planning to attend the US open next week in flushing and was wondering if any egulleter's can recommend an italian American restaurant in Queens ? So far I'm pondering Don Peppe's on lefferts BLVD , but I have no inkling of where the restaurant is in relation to the US open. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Pat

We'll be attending the day session of the US open & probably will be leaving by sun down. We have a car so driving wouldn't be an issue. Just wanted to see if there's anything worthwhile to go to in Queens while we are in that borough.

Well, I can't offer any recommendations of my own (I'm another out-of-towner heading to the Open), but I can confirm that Don Pepe's is miles away from the tennis.

The Parkside Restaurant is very near Flushing Meadows Park and it is the most recommended Italian American place in the area.

107-01 Corona Ave

Corona, NY 11368

(718) 271-9321

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

Another option is Manducatis. If you are taking the subway to the Open from Manhattan, which I recommend, it is a 2 miunte walk from the Hunters Point Ave. 7 train stop.

Manducatis

13-27 Jackson Ave., Long Island City, NY 11101

at 47th Ave.

718-729-4602

The Parkside Restaurant is very near Flushing Meadows Park and it is the most recommended Italian American place in the area.

107-01 Corona Ave

Corona, NY 11368

(718) 271-9321