• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anybody have a recipe for pad thai sauce?

I spent a lot of money recently on a Thai cookbook on Amazon because it had high ratings. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to 'pad thai' and found the author uses tomato ketchup in the sauce. Not only that, but all the ingredients are added separately.

I'm looking for a pad thai sauce I can make up ahead of time, keep in a jar in my fridge and add all at once to my pad thai. And one that doens't use ketchup!

I spent a lot of money recently on a Thai cookbook on Amazon because it had high ratings. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to 'pad thai' and found the author uses tomato ketchup in the sauce. Not only that, but all the ingredients are added separately.

I'm looking for a pad thai sauce I can make up ahead of time, keep in a jar in my fridge and add all at once to my pad thai. And one that doens't use ketchup!

Have a look at the recipe for pad thai in RecipeGullet:here -- the first few ingredients are for the pad thai sauce. I make large batches of something similar to keep in the fridge. I use a mix of white and palm sugar, but otherwise it's pretty close.

Have a look at the recipe for pad thai in RecipeGullet:here -- the first few ingredients are for the pad thai sauce. I make large batches of something similar to keep in the fridge. I use a mix of white and palm sugar, but otherwise it's pretty close.

Thank you so much for that! And it uses tamarind, which I have a pouch of!