• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving Dinner in Las Vegas

Which places in town would have the best Thanksgiving Dinners?  I'd like to avoid the hotel buffets.  Are there any good chef-driven places which specialize in good cutting-edge American that won't fool too much with the traditional dinner?

Greetings G,

If you are looking at cutting edge American then I would start at Bradley Ogden at Caesar's, Kerry Simon at the Hard Rock, Michael Mina at the Bellagio or Nobhill at the MGM, maybe Stripsteak would do something, maybe Sensi...where else do you plan on eating?

Best,

E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

Thanks, Eliot (and CP!).

Bradley Ogden seems like quite the logical place for a good "American" meal. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at his Lark Creek Inn way back when (mid-90s), which was wonderful.

I'm inquiring for a friend who'll be there with his family over Thanksgiving. I told him I'd do some research for him.

• 2 months later...
... I'm inquiring for a friend who'll be there with his family over Thanksgiving.  I told him I'd do some research for him.

gmi3804, you might consider Andre's in downtown Las Vegas to your friend.

The original Andre's is probably the first "fancy" restaurant that came to Las Vegas long time ago. The chef was a real pioneer back in his time. When you check out their website, you can find their Thanksgiving menu and everything. The restaurant is really retro: traditional classic French cuisine, back in the 50's and 60's.

Is your friend (and his family) foodies? It's not Robuchon or Guy Savoy. Mind you, the food is pretty decent and the location is great, if they want to get away from the Strip.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...