• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cool Bottled-Water Packaging

Fat Guy

I saw this today and had to buy it just so I could post a photo on this thread. Sorry for the phone cam photo.

1011.jpg

It was $4.49 for a litre but I suppose one can attempt to justify the price and the "green" aspect that it's reusable as a shaker. Sort of. Or that it comes with its own cup.

The back says that it's from an aquifer deep in the Au Sable Forest and that it has "the optimal mineral balance for a refreshing, crisp, and palate pleasing experience."

"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats."

--

food.craft.life.

The Lunch Crunch - Our daily struggle to avoid boring lunches

• 4 weeks later...

I saw SEI water in my local (Jewel) grocery today - they say the packaging was inspired by a military canteen. Funny, I thought it looked like a bottle of gin. Anyway, it sure was pretty. Wish I could find some better pix - this is probably the best I can do: http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/beve...i-water-188.jpg . Apparently I must live under a rock cause this was "news" about a year ago.

Also love the Metromint packaging. And love the fact that companies are finally making flavored water without sweeteners (natural or artificial - I don't want sweet water).