• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Neighborhood Bakeries

dinerenville

On my last trip to Paris I discovered the pleasures of going into new neighborhoods--mostly residential--and sampling the wares and ambiance of favorite neighborhood bakeries.

I have three recommendations for my upcoming Sept/Oct trip: one in Neuilly, one in the 8th, and another in the 15th.

I would love more recommendations! Thanks!

Welcome.

I assume you've checked out our compendium of existing topics on bakeries.

Now I have. Thanks for the tip. (I'm still interested in more residential neighborhood faves.)

Very subjective as almost everyone has their favorite. I find mine by watching for ones with the longest line of customers. In the 9th my fav. is Delmontel on rue Martyrs and in the 7th, Pain d'Epis on Bosquet.

Welcome.

I assume you've checked out our compendium of existing topics on bakeries.

Now I have. Thanks for the tip. (I'm still interested in more residential neighborhood faves.)

Very subjective as almost everyone has their favorite. I find mine by watching for ones with the longest line of customers. In the 9th my fav. is Delmontel on rue Martyrs and in the 7th, Pain d'Epis on Bosquet.

Thank you, Laidback. Exactly what I had in mind.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the new Velib, I jumped on a bike this morning and rode to Blé Sucré, a shop I had wanted to try for some time, to buy baguettes and pastries for breakfast instead of settling for the local boulangerie. Their whole grain bread was especially delicious and probably tasted all the better after riding through the streets of Paris when most of the city was still sleeping.

Blé Sucré

Square Trousseau

7 rue Antoine Vallon

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com