• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hendricks Farms Press Release

Hendricks Farms & Dairy’s biggest announcement of the year – to date!

Remember, way back, when HF&D became the first Pennsylvania farm to win a Gold Medal at the US Cheese Championships? Remember when HF&D went on to become the first PA Farm to win a Blue Ribbon the American Cheese Society’s prestigious annual show? How about when HF&D became Pennsylvania’s first truly raw, totally grass-fed farmstead cheese operation? Surely we all remember the momentous occasion when HF&D became the first Farmstead Cheese operation in the USA to incorporate Free-Range Robotic Milking? Well, HF&D has, yet again, outdone itself;

We proudly announce that we have become the first dairy in PA and the fifth in the nation to achieve the distinguished “Certified Humane Raised and Handled” label! Certified by the Humane Farm Animal Care Program, Hendricks Farms & Dairy raises the bar for food production. When you have a choice….CHOOSE HF&D!!!

We want YOU to know the difference, and we’ll pull out all the stops to make it easy to see, taste and know, that Hendricks Farms & Dairy is totally committed to providing the safest, healthiest and tastiest foods ever, anywhere. Our products include cheese, milk, yogurt, beef, lamb, chicken, sausages, Robotic Probiotic, coffee milk, tons of beautiful produce from our gardens, hand-crafted essential oils based soaps, lots of other things and of course…CHEESE.

Hendricks Farms & Dairy, LLC

202 Green Hill Road

Telford, PA 18969

Hendricks Farms & Dairy

Products available at the farm, specialty food shops and all area Whole Foods Markets

www.hendricksfarmsanddairy.com

Congratulations! Now:

Anybody willing to ferry me up there?

I got an e-mail from Trent inviting me to visit and saying that he had some cheeses that would make me forget Pennsylvania Noble. This is a challenge I'm more than willing to take him up on, but Telford's not accessible via SEPTA.

It'd have to be after the 25th of the month. I wouldn't want to go up there and leave empty-handed.

(Edited to add: It's not like I'm completely unfamiliar with his product, though -- I did buy a wedge of Telford Tomme at DiBruno's a few months back, so I know he can back up his challenge.)

Edited by MarketStEl (log)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Congratulations! That's quite a certification to have in today's world.

I need to drop by and try the new sausage formulations... btw, got any goat cheeses back in the lineup yet?

Edited by cdh (log)

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

We proudly announce that we have become the first dairy in PA and the fifth in the nation to achieve the distinguished “Certified Humane Raised and Handled” label! Certified by the Humane Farm Animal Care Program, Hendricks Farms & Dairy raises the bar for food production.  When you have a choice….CHOOSE HF&D!!!

Congratulations on a noteworthy achievement! Who are the other four dairies to be so certified and where are they located?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

WOW.

We've been indulging in your incroyable cheeses for awhile now, from Bob Pierson's Winter Harvest. It's the best cheeses I've ever had (ok, maybe a few in France). But, they are just incredible. You invited us up too, and we hope to someday!

Congratulations!

Keep up the good work.

Keep up the raw cheese with TASTE.

Philly Francophiles

We proudly announce that we have become the first dairy in PA and the fifth in the nation to achieve the distinguished “Certified Humane Raised and Handled” label! Certified by the Humane Farm Animal Care Program, Hendricks Farms & Dairy raises the bar for food production.  When you have a choice….CHOOSE HF&D!!!

Congratulations on a noteworthy achievement! Who are the other four dairies to be so certified and where are they located?

From the website, these are clearly three of them:

Cricket Creek Farm Cheese and Milk

Green Pasture’s Farm Dairy

Prairie View Dairy

Hendricks isn't listed yet, and there are several Farms whose production isn't specified.

They don't list location for producers, just retailers.