• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations in Eastern Townships, Quebec

sadistick

Hey Folks,

I realize this is somewhat last minute, but thats how we like to do things sometimes!

Anyhoo...were off to Quebec tomorrow, going to start off at a friends Chalet in Tremblant (sp?)

From there, we dont have all destinations planned, but we one destination will be the Eastern Townships, specifically North Hatley...and possibly other towns.

My request is this, I am a food lover from Toronto, who has heard FANTASTIC things about Quebec and this region for their food, cheeses, etc...

Please if you will, recommend some places around the area to eat, and see...and if there are any you highly recommend driving to, thats worth the jaunt, I would love to hear about that too.

Thanks so much

-Justin

La Table Tourigny has had very good reviews. http://www.tabletourigny.com/ It is a BYOB.

There is also Auberge Georgeville and Auberge Ripplecove that you would most likely enjoy.

I am from the Eastern Townships myself, though I am a student and therefore on too much of a budget to try these places, and I would recommend you to spend some time in Knowlton and Sutton. Nearby Sutton is a small village called Abercorn which has an awesome bakery (the Abecorn Bakery). In both Sutton and Knowlton there is a specialty shop called La rumeur affamée that has good cheeses, charcuteries, pies, etc.

Sorry if I am late with my answer, but maybe it will help some other people down the road!