• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Quinones Room

I did a search and could not come up with a thread specific to the restaurant. Please move if necessary.

Has anyone dined here? I have an upcoming birthday and was thinking of going here to celebrate. Is it worth the hefty price tag?

Edited by The Blissful Glutton (log)

Bliss-

Yes. It is. I dined there twice last year...and both experiences were revelatory. At both meals, there was a dish presented to me that almost brought me to tears. I recently suggested it to a friend for their birthday dinner...and he called me at 12:30 am and was only able to say "oh....my.....god" over and over again. I highly suggest doing the wine pairings with the meal. Rob, the manager at Quinones, is the most delightful person I've ever met in the restaurant business. He's something else and you're in good hands when you dine there.

Let me know if you go and what your impressions are :)

tami h.

food stylist and food blogger

Running With Tweezers

• 9 months later...

I am going to be back in Atlanta for the month of July and was wondering if anybody has dined here recently and recommend it. It has been a thought for quite some time to check it out but was not sure if it was worth the price.

I went about a year ago.. Found the food to range from excellent to good..The tasting menu started out really strong and kind of ended on a flat note.. However, the high notes were pretty damn high..

The previous poster was right in saying how wonderful Rob is.. He was one of the better waiters I have had recently..

We also had the wine pairing... I think dinner was 5 or 6 hundred.. Which I found to be expensive. But it certainly was the best restaurant I have been to in Atlanta.. Though, I have not been to many of the high end spots.

Edited by Daniel (log)