• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dried Herb Stand at Campo dei Fiori

achevres

Before I ask friends to go looking for him...

Does anyone know if Mauro Berardi (the dried herb stand) is open at the Campo dei Fiori in August?

I got several herb mixes 2 years ago (our guide highly recommended them) and they are fantastic. I have friends going to Rome and wanted to put in an order, but I know a lot of Italians take August off.

If anyone has any particular mix they like, please let me know. I've tried the meat, the fish, the tomato sauce and the arrabiata.

Sorry don't know if he is there in August.. I am heading down in Sept as I am out too!

he used to make a chive, tarragon, pink peppercorn ( madagascar) mix, which I fell in love with for scrambled eggs, and salads.. he does't sell it any more, but makes it for me.

I like his non cook pesto for rice ( that is what he calls it)

I will know more when I go back down.