• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food and wine tastings/tours

jende

I'm going to Italy in mid-October, one week in Tuscany (based in Montalcino) and one week in Emilia-Romagna (based in Bologna). My main interest is in tasting the authenic foods and wine of these regions, and I would love to get some info on tours of olive oil producers and wineries in Tuscany, as well as tours and tastings in Parma and Modena.

I'm really looking for unique, authentic experiences, so I know I need to dig a little deeper than what is generally available to tourists searching the web. Does anyone have recommendations?

contact the Consorziums of the products... and they usually have tours offered.

Parma ham, Balsamico, Prosciutto up north

Southern Tuscany has pecorino cheese, closer to siena some goats cheese.

Often in southern Tuscany you will find farms with signs for sales and tasting.

I have taken small groups in tours, to see cheese, prosciutto etc. but often the owners don't speak any English!

CArla Capalbio's books have great addresses with directions phone number etc!

contact the Consorziums of the products... and they usually have tours offered.

Parma ham, Balsamico, Prosciutto up north

Southern Tuscany has pecorino cheese, closer to siena some goats cheese.

Often in southern Tuscany you will find farms with signs for sales and tasting.

I have taken small groups in tours, to see cheese, prosciutto etc. but often the owners don't speak any English!

CArla Capalbio's books have great addresses with directions phone number etc!

Are your tours based out of Florence?