• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rich Pawlak Steps Down

Chris Amirault

In this topic, we announced with regret that Rich Pawlak, long-time Philadelphia member and host of Beer, has stepped down from his role as an eGullet Society host. We thank him for that volunteer service and look forward to his spirited participation as emeritus staff throughout eG Forums.

To honor Rich's service, we've started this Member News topic. Please post your food- and drink-related reminiscences here.

Keep us well posted on tomato pies and beer, Rich!

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Rich:

I'm less concerned for myself than I am for the rest of the eGullet membership. I know I'll still see you and benefit from your wit and wisdom. I look forward to you continuing my beer education and seeing you at DDC dinners, however infrequently we might be able to coerce folks into organize them these days. You are a treasure and a dear friend. I'll miss your steady hand in the beer forum, but know that we've neither seen nor heard the last of you here. Maybe we'll even hear more from you than before!

Cheers, mon ami! We'll be raising a glass together soon enough... :smile:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

May I suggest this take place at either one of our many fine brewpubs or at Tria?

Sorry to hear the news, but glad to hear he's staying around. Maybe he can supply us with awful PR pitches too!

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Richie! I just saw this, or else I would have sent my very best regards to you before now. There isn't time or space to share all the food- and drink-related reminiscences that you and I have. From our first meeting many years ago, after having met on the Prodigy Food and Drink boards, to co-hosting the Beer Forum here with you, I enjoyed every bite and sip in your company -- online and in person. Katie expressed it well, and like she said, I know I'll still get to see you and benefit from your wit and wisdom. Thank you for your many contributions. You are a dear friend; you are my Best Beer Friend! Love to you and Robyn and your beautiful twins... Cheers!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.