• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

fresh peanuts

phlawless

I got some fresh raw peanuts at the farmer's market yesterday and I would love some suggestions on what to do with them (other than roasting). I have thought about an african-style peanut soup, but I'd love other ideas.

thanks!

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

i, um...really can't stand boiled peanuts.

i know, i know...living in north carolina and confessing this is really NOT COOL.

any other ideas?

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

i, um...really can't stand boiled peanuts.

i know, i know...living in north carolina and confessing this is really NOT COOL.

any other ideas?

Do you like southern peas? I find the two tastes run hand in hand, in my experience. If you are an exception, please advise and I will file it. :biggrin: Pea people love boiled peanuts.

Dry them, then use them in all the other applications mentioned. No shame in peanut soup, quite tasty