• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Arbequina Olive Oil Available in the US?

Chris Amirault

We love Dauro.

This 100% arbequina? Looks intriguing. And thanks, mrbigjas.

Here is a link to a Dauro merchant with a photo. Their most widely available olive oil is not 100% arbequina. It also has hojiblanca and koroneiki olives in the mix. It is 100% Catalan from Girona though. I've been to their olive groves and production facilities. The roves are beautiful and the facilities top notch. It is made by the same family that makes Roda wines in the Rioja. I have bought it in the past at Fairway in NYC.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

For some years now I've been using the Arbequina olive oil from Oliva Verde USA (buying it in cases, and slowly going through my 15 liters each time).

Oliva Verde USA doesn't seem to exist anymore, and I'm running out.

So now I'm soliciting recommendations for similar olive oils, especially if I can get them in the nice 5 liter cans.