• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Francisco Breakfast Restaurant

Holly Moore

Back in the late 80s and early 90s there was a fantastic breakfast cafe - in Cow Hollow - on Union or Green maybe. The name of the place began with "D". Person's name I think, but not a common one. The best seats in the house were at the counter in front of the grill, watching them cook. As I recall, famous for omelets and fantastic french toast.

And the name of the place is...? Are they still around and are they still as good.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Dottie's True Blue Cafe, on Jones, sounds like the place you are describing. Seats at the bar, a few tables, great pancakes and omelettes, great artisinal cheeses and preserves. Not a great neighborhood, mind you, but worth the trip.

And it is still there.