• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where can I buy Korean butane canisters online?

I just bought a portable Korean stove online but I have no way to use it because there isn't a Korean market in my area. I need a special 220 gram butane canister.

The stores online that sell the stoves don't seem to sell the butane and now I'm stuck! This stinks because I can't use my wok on my new apartment's electric stove!

Is there an adapter I can use to hook it up to an American style threaded butane canister?

Also, doesn anybody know if the Sterno brand butane canisters that are 8 oz in size, will fit into a Korean stove that accepts 220 gram canisters?

Any help will be appreciated!

*edit* Looks like I'll be taking a two hour trip into Denver to go to H-Mart. That looks like it's going to be a heck of a market.

Edited by porkfat (log)

• 2 weeks later...

you have a butane stove. most camping stoves are propane, iirc.

i don't think propane can be shipped in a plane. you might try a camping store. i've seen similar stoves there.

not trying to be a smart@$$, but did you try a yahoo/google search? look on amazon under "butane fuel." they sell both the stoves and the fuel. but it seems kinda pricey versus the korean stores here in dallas. dunno...

Edited by stussy (log)

you have a butane stove.  most camping stoves are propane, iirc.

i don't think propane can be shipped in a plane.  you might try a camping store.  i've seen similar stoves there.

not trying to be a smart@$$, but did you try a yahoo/google search?  look on amazon under "butane fuel."  they sell both the stoves and the fuel.  but it seems kinda pricey versus the korean stores here in dallas.  dunno...

They all want $60 to ship it to me! A case of 12 butane only cost $15!