• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with unknown ingredients

pastrypez

Hello all,

First time poster here and I have a question regarding alcohol.

I'm working on a project for school and need to know what the following ingredients are:

-Lena

-Goldken

They are for the following recipe:

Choctease

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Lena

1/2 oz. Frangelico

1/2 oz. Goldken

2 oz. cream

Instructions:

Blend ingredients in shaker over ice. Honey rim Poco glass add chocolate stripe down the side then strain mixture into glass. Place chocolate flakes on top of mix and lay open Stawberry on the side.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Yvonne

A google search for "choctease" suggests that your recipe is missing an ingredient.

1/2 oz. Lena

1/2 oz. Frangelico

1/2 oz. Goldken[n]

1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps

2 oz. cream

Honestly, I can't help saying that it sounds like a positively revolting drink.

--

Thank you all for the info, I am not actually planning on making this, just using it as an example for a costing project at school. I trust you my taste in pastries is better than my success at finding recipes for tasty libations online.

Cheers,

Yvonne

Hello all,

First time poster here and I have a question regarding alcohol.

I'm working on a project for school and need to know what the following ingredients are:

-Lena

-Goldken

They are for the following recipe:

Choctease

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Lena

1/2 oz. Frangelico

1/2 oz. Goldken

2 oz. cream

Instructions:

Blend ingredients in shaker over ice. Honey rim Poco glass add chocolate stripe down the side then strain mixture into glass. Place chocolate flakes on top of mix and lay open Stawberry on the side.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Yvonne

Have you considered stirring the liquor, then whipping the cream, just shy of soft peak (in a squeeze bottle with 3 sugar cubes takes about 10 seconds), then floating the cream on top. It will give you a nice layered look, and the two viscosities melding in your mouth is pretty intense. Some very fine ground peanuts suspended on the cream, will lend yet another texture, and really make it a Boozy Banana Split.

A DUSTY SHAKER LEADS TO A THIRSTY LIFE