• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zucchini Blossoms

denise madison

One of my all time favorites are zucchini blossoms. I only found them once this year in the Morristown Farmers Market. I then went to Valley Sheppard Cheese and purchased goat cheese. Went home and stuffed 1/2 with goat cheese and fresh basil, then egg wash and floured and the balance just egg wash and flour; fried them up and it was heaven.

Cannot find them in the last couple of weeks so wondering if anyone has seen them on a menu. If so how were they prepared?

I had swoonable squash blossom pakoras (stuffed with the house-made paneer) at Bread Bar a couple of weeks ago. :wub:

Fascino? David Drake? David Burke? Stage Left? Just a few thoughts, and I'd call first if you have your heart set on them. Kudos to you for making them at home; talk about something I'd never attempt...!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Had them at Lunello's a couple weeks ago.

Also bought them myself at DePeiro's farm and made them myself stuffed with pancetta, ricotta and parmigiano. Sauteed lightly in olive oil.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species