• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG foodblog: johnnyd - Dining Downeast II

johnnyd

And I saved your braised pork recipe, that looked so good.
Oh, cool Chufi! I actually have Abra to partially thank - for a while we were dueling on the Carnitas topic in the Cooking forum. One day, I stopped short of the final broil-to-crisp step and served them in all it's gooey glory and we've been having them that way ever since.
I heard a rumor that Moxie had been purchased by one of the big soda companies and was going to be discontinued. Just a rumor.
So far as I see on Wikipedia, Moxie is presently owned by Cornucopia Beverages Inc. of Bedford, New Hampshire. If something goes down, I'll post in the Beverages forum.
...and Mr. T said--and I quote--"Thank God For Jesus!"

"Well, Duh!", I thought. "Who else you gonna thank?"

Except I said it out loud.

There was a scuffle and I'm pretty sure I had to leave early.

That took a lot of moxie, Mr. Myers! No wonder you were the go-to guy for Maine Cocktail Quest! :rolleyes:
Is the sturgeon skin just for show, or is it edible?
Definitely for show - It seems lacquered or something.
Do let me know what you think of the brandywine's and the cherokee purples. I have a definite opinion on this one!
I had my first heirloom tomato in Vermont 25yrs ago, a Cherokee "chocolate", or "purple". It was a revelation. I look forward to the little New England harvest window when they come to market. But in the past few years, they haven't had that magical taste. Maybe the Maine growers I get them from have different conditions or levels of attention. They still blow away "normal" tomatoes, to be sure. We are also just opening that harvest window now so the ones I bought this weekend are the first. We're having them this week so I'll see how this season is shaping up.
*How Green Was My Ocean (How Green Was My Valley)

*She Wore a Rubber Clawband (She Wore a Yellow Ribbon)

*Young Mr. Lobster (Young Mr. Lincoln)

*What Price Lobster? (What Price Glory?) and

*We Eat at Midnight (We Sail at Midnight)

Karen you are slaying me here! :laugh:
I fully intend to drop in and ask them to make me a cocktail with Moxie.  Or maybe I'll just save that for a meetup with you and yours.
Let us know! I would highly recommend the extraordinary savvy of Mr. Myers at whatever venue he may be when you visit. It'll be great to meet one and all.
Let me know when you start filming on Claw.
Accepting letters of Financial Support prior to script approval... uh, screenplay completion... um, well, I ain't turning down the use of a high-capacity underwater filming unit should one become available!
I am getting hungry again...

:wink:

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

Just a note to say that great eG foodblogs like this one wouldn't be possible without the financial support of the Society's sponsors and donors. As a member of this non-profit organization, your contributions pay for forum upkeep, the eG scholarship fund, and many exciting Society projects in the works. I know I speak on behalf of all of us in eG Society management and volunteer staff in saying thank you for your support!

If you're not yet a donor, there are many ways to contribute. Click here for a list of ten ways that you can help the Society

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"